5.22.2012

The Briar Patch




A couple of weeks ago, our friend Briar came into town to visit from the Vail Valley. It had been a long time since we had gotten to see her, so I was really excited. Unfortunately, I forgot to record the date we had arranged to meet in my calendar and was an hour late meeting her at our house. Yikes. I felt terrible. Briar was incredibly accommodating, though, and we were able to catch a yummy semi-fancy Mexican dinner at Comida with Eric and Jonah, which was nice. I love catching up with Briar; she always has great stories and wry observations. She makes me laugh. This time around, I felt like my attention was kind of all over the place and, like I said, I was super late to get the rendezvous started, but I am guessing Briar will give me another chance in the future. Then, I can make my best effort to present as a together, focused adult. We'll see how that goes. For now, though, thanks to my friend for finding time for us. It was so nice see my Briar.

No comments: