9.19.2011

Where's Melanie?

Hi, everyone. Believe it or not, it's Melanie. Woo! Thought I would pop on here and do a quick post, as it has come to my attention that, based on the pictures on the blog, it looks like Eric is a single parent. Ha. Not to worry, my sweets. I am alive, well, and doing my share of the parenting. Don't get me wrong, Eric is a fantastic dad. FANTASTIC--I am so lucky. However, I do get in on the action at least fifty percent of the time, despite the photos not reflecting that. The lack of Melanie pictures is due to a few factors:

1. Most of the day, Jonah and I are on our own here at the house, and I've yet to master the art of taking one-handed photos with a baby supported by the other hand. The result? Lots of cute pics of Jonah, but not so many cute pics of Jonah and mommy.

2. When Eric is home, I am often the person to grab the camera to chronicle the cute moments. Thus, I'm not appearing in them.

3. A lot of my time with Jonah is spent breastfeeding. He is a hungry, hungry boy, and eats a lot of the day away. Truthfully, he is pretty adorable when he's eating. However, I have a strict no breastfeeding photo policy--this is a family blog!--so a lot of photo ops are off the table.

As for my lack of blog authoring, attribute that to a lack of free hands these first few weeks. Rest assured, though, things are going well. Jonah is wonderful, and it has been so fun seeing him grow and change every day. It has only been five and a half weeks, and it already seems like he is a different little boy than the one we brought home from the hospital. He is chunking up, smiling a bit (yay!), making cute little noises, and becoming more and more active and alert by the minute. It's a blast.

Plus, Eric and I seem to be getting the hang of this parenting thing--hallelujah! It's been the sharpest learning curve I've ever experienced, but so enjoyable. I am already dreading leaving him to go back to work in three weeks. Of course, Jonah will be alright in the capable hands of Nana and Grandpa M, but I am going to miss him terribly. Perhaps absence will make the heart grow fonder? In the meantime, I'm going to put this blog post to bed, and spend some quality time with my little man. Hope to see you all for a visit soon!

No comments: