8.08.2011

Still Wading ...

Forty weeks have come and gone. With no labor in sight, Melanie and I opted for fun and relaxation in the mountains west of Denver at Carol's post-elope wedding reception.

Nothing like the cold waters of Coors Extra Gold (for me, not Melanie or Jonah) and the even colder waters of the North Fork of the South Platte River on a hot Sunday afternoon.

The delirium of pregnancy is finally catching up with Melanie.

We heard (or made up) that wading in the river induces labor ...

... or busting a move.

Melanie also took the opportunity to practice her victory pose ...


... for the day when her feet reappear!

I practiced reenacting biblical events for my fatherly duties ...


... while I wondered what it is the river runs through.

Jonah had no complaints, nor did we, as we look to the future.

1 comment:

emily said...

Love the post, Eric! Can't wait to meet baby J whenever he decides to grace us with his presence. ;)