3.25.2009

The Update

It's been about a month since my last post and, for once, I have a lot to report because I've been busy. Here are the highlights:

1. I just got back from a visit with my sister in South Korea, and had a fantastic time. It was so different from anywhere else I've ever visited. The food and the sights were fantastic, as was the company. The plane ride was long, but I felt like a warrior for having done it by myself. Overall, a great trip. I've got pictures up on Facebook for anybody who's interested.

2. Eric and I put an offer in on a house in Longmont and it's been accepted! Right now, we're in the midst of getting inspections done, tying up our loan, and whatnot but, assuming all goes well, we'll be closing on April 24th. I can't wait to move in there and start making it our own! And I can't wait to settle into a home that I know I won't have to move out of within a year. There are definitely going to be some celebretory barbeques this summer.

3. I defend my dissertation this coming Monday, March 30th. I am incredibly freaked out about it, but I can't wait for it to be over. Pass or fail, it will be off of my plate. Assuming I pass, I'll graduate with my Ph.D. on May 8th. Woot!

Anyway, those are the updates. I'll try to get some pictures of the house and the trip to the SK up here when I get a chance. Wish me luck on everything that's coming up!

No comments: