Fall is my favorite season in Colorado by far. There's just something magical about it. And, as much as I hate winter and have been tempted to move to California or Mexico or wherever would be warmer to escape it, I could never actually follow through because I'd have to give up my favorite season.
This fall has, for a lot of reasons, been a stressful one for me. No matter how stressful it gets, though, there are just some things about the season that make me feel better. So, without further adieu, my favorite things about my favorite season:
1. The leaves changing. Obviously, you have to love this. So pretty.
2. Pumpkins. I love pumpkin everything--pumpkin candles, pumpkin patches, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin carving, pumpkin pie, pumpkin body wash. I heart pumpkins.
3. Sunny days and crisp, cool evenings. The best time of the year for walks with your honey.
4. Adding another blanket to the bed. I'm just weird that way. I love when it's cool enough at night for blankets.
5. Elections. I know some people hate election season, but I love it. I get all excited about exercising my democratic rights.
6. The return of comfort food. In the summer, I just can't bring myself to put together dishes like homemade mac n' cheese and chili. They're perfect for fall and are SO good.
7. Holidays. Halloween and Thanksgiving are two of my favorite holidays. I love the whole aura of Halloween and always remember how excited we were as kids to dress up and go trick or treating. I love Thanksgiving because I always have a spectacular time with my family and love getting together with them.
8. Breaking out the woolies. What can I say? I like to wear sweaters, flannel p.j. pants, thick socks... I think I am addicted to being warm.
9. Memories. Some of my best memories are from the fall, including some of Eric and my best times and the day we got engaged. I love that, every year when fall rolls around, I get to think back on and relive such happy times.
In short, I am SO THANKFUL it's fall! Live it up, people.