10.26.2008

Foxy!

Yesterday was a good day. Eric and I headed down to Denver to visit Eric's sister, brother, and brother-in-law. We checked out the new (new to me--at this point, it's been there for quite a while) expansion of the art museum, had a snack at City o' City, and had tortilla soup and some bevvies at Nate and Lena's house. Which, I might add, was delicious.

Regarding the art museum, I have to say that I was pretty impressed with the new expansion. The pieces are very nice and the layout of the museum itself was pretty darn cool. It actually felt like a real, grown-up art museum like they have in other big cities. Now, I don't mean to rip on the old Denver Art Museum, but I spent many Saturdays there during college and really felt like I had seen everything I was going to see there. Now, Denver's looking all cosmopolitan and cool.

Anyway, the point of this post was to put up some pictures of a piece that I thought was sweet. Of course, I am a sucker for stuff like this, but I think most people probably found it interesting. It was a whole room with a faux restaurant set up, and dozens of sculptures of foxes were placed on the tables, under the tables, in the air, on the chairs, and so on. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Here are some pictures.




1 comment:

The Britton Clan said...

I miss the the DAM. Utah just can't compete in some areas. I'll maybe have to check it out one of the next times I am in the area. By the way I think I have it set up to you can follow me on my blog.